With a water-resistant finish and seam-sealed construction, the revolutionary Men's Prophet Jacket, using Gore Thermium fabric, tips the scales at little more than half a kilo yet will prove to be a reliable refuge on rime blasted Scottish mixed test pieces and spindrift swept Alaskan couloirs.
Mountain Equipment have painstakingly developed their Alpine fit. It maps the fabric panels to the body, balancing weight and reducing unnecessary bulk while ensuring comfort and allowing a full range of movement. Innovative shaping between the waist and shoulders leaves the optimal room for layers underneath. A front seam with a reversed camber pulls the jacket inwards towards the body to reduce bulging as you lean over.
The Mountain HC Hood is engineered to provide weather protection while maintaining visibility and mobility, even when wearing a climbing helmet. A twin-hoop adjustment system lets you control the hood volume for a precise fit. A triple-layered, laminated and wired visor keeps the elements away from your face, retaining its shape in the most difficult conditions. All adjusters are carefully positioned so that they are easy to find and operate, even when wearing gloves.
- Shell: Gore Thermium (100% nylon, 10D, 39g/m²)
- Lining: 100% nylon
- Insulation: 80g/m² PrimaLoft Gold (100% polyester)
- Seam-sealed construction
- 2-way YKK centre front zip with insulated rear baffle
- Insulated, adjustable Mountain Helmet Compatible Hood
- Pre-shaped, articulated sleeves
- 2 zipped handwarmer pockets
- Zipped chest pocket
- Internal zipped security pocket
- Adjustable cuffs
- Dual tether hem drawcords
- Alpine fit
- Weight: 510g