1. Night running is fun! There’s a unique sense of adventure that you can’t experience in daylight. Running in your bubble of light you’ll feel faster and enjoy new challenges.
2. Discover another world – you’ll get closer to nature, you might see owls, badgers, foxes or any number of fantastic nocturnal species that you might only see on the TV otherwise.
3. Reinvigorate old running routes– trails look and feel different at night, boring ‘run of the mill’ routes you’ve pounded out in daylight are refreshed and exciting again.
4. Awaken your senses – your sight, hearing and sense of smell will come alive when you’re running at night. You might hear badgers chomping on bluebell bulbs or catch the earthy scent of a fox, all with a moonlit background and twinkling stars.
5. Get a warm glow – when you get home after a night run that cup of tea, pint of beer or pub meal will taste so much better. You’ll recount tales of adventure and bask in the warmth and shelter.