The British Mountaineering Council
The British Mountaineering Council is the national representative organisation for climbers and adventurous hill walkers across England and Wales. Becoming a BMC member not only supports their great work, but it’s also packed full of personal benefits including:
• 15% discount* in Cotswold Outdoor / Snow+Rock
• Summit magazine four times a year
• £15 million Combined Liability Insurance cover
• Access to BMC Travel Insurance
• Access to Mountain Training registration
DID YOU KNOW? At 80,000 members strong, the BMC works to:
• Be a powerful voice for all climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers
• Protect our crags and mountains
• Campaign for improved access
• Promote environmental sustainability in all activities
• Provide technical and safety advice
Cotswold Outdoor / Snow+Rock are the recommended retail partners of the BMC and we have supported The Climate Project, the BMC’s environmental campaign to make a real difference to the local landscapes we love affected by the global climate crisis.
Find out more about joining the BMC.
Get BMC Travel insurance for your rock and mountain adventures abroad.
Find out about the BMC Climate Project.
Listen to the BMC Hillwalking Podcast.
Find inspirational films and climbing and walking skill videos on BMC TV.
Get all the new and latest updates from the mountain world by following the BMC on social media:
How to claim your discount:
To receive your partner discount please show your membership identification in-store or email a photo of your membership ID to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your online code. *Read our full T&Cs.
Inspiration, Tips & Advice
Let us know you agree to cookies
We use marketing, analytical and functional cookies as well as similar technologies to give you the best experience. Third parties, including social media platforms, often place tracking cookies on our site to show you personalised adverts outside of our website.